A truly low profile 5.5 kilowatts....
Quiet and Compact
Operating at 1800 RPM with a tuned air intake silencer and four point vibration mounts, the 5.5 BCD runs smooth and quiet. Designed specifically for those installations where height is extremely limited, this generator has one of the smallest envelopes available in its class.
Powerful, Lightweight and Reliable
The 5.5 BCD is powered by an industrial .95 liter engine supplying a full 5.5 kilowatts. A very popular generator, the 5.5 BCD continues to support the strong record of reliability Westerbeke has built supplying generators to the United States Navy and Coast Guard as well as commercial vessels and pleasure craft.
Easy Operation and Maintenance
To minimize engine maintenance, the 5.5 BCD operates at a slow 1800 RPM and is fresh water cooled for longer life. Easy access to all servicing points and individually removable top and side panels of the optional sound enclosure allow easy installation and maintenance.
Full Torque, Power Take-Off Interface
A customer sourced, electric clutch and hydraulic pump can be mounted to the full torque, power take-off interface for use with such items as bow thrusters, compressors, winches and "take-home" systems.
Five Year Limited Warranty
The 5.5 BCD is backed by Westerbeke's 5-year limited warranty. The presence of Westerbeke in over 65 countries around the world provides customers with easy access to parts, service and technical support worldwide. Established in 1937, Westerbeke is committed to providing its customers with quality products and unequaled after sales support.
- Instrument panel and safety stop switch
- Remote start-stop plug-in connection
- Extra oil pressure switch for remote signal or control functions
- Safety shut-downs – high coolant temperature, low oil pressure, high exhaust temperature.
- A.C. Circuit Breaker installed (single phase)
- 17 Amp Battery Charger
- Power take-off interface
- Self-bleeding fuel system
- Fresh water cooling and coolant recovery tank
- 45° water injected exhaust elbow
- Gear-driven raw water pump
- Tuned air intake silencer
- Vibration mounts – fail safe rubber type
- Lube oil drain hose and drip tray
- Oil fill – top and side
- Belt guard
- Operator’s manual and parts list
- Complies with U.S. EPA regulations
- Remote start-stop panel
- 15' & 30 connectable panel ext. harness (up to 60'/18.3m)
- Dual station engine instrument panel with senders
- Ship shore switch
- Power takeoff adapter
- Fuel filter/water separator
- Hydro hush muffler and fittings
- "A" on-board spare parts kit,
- "B" extended cruising spare parts kit
- Anti-siphon valve for overboard cooling discharge water
- Technical Manual
- Sound Guard SST sound enclosure
Optional 5.5 BCD Sound Guard SST
The optional Sound Guard SST enclosure provides optimum silencing for the generator. Ruggedly constructed with with stainless steel base, frame and powder coated aluminum panels; the Sound Guard SST also provides optimum corrosion resistance. All 5 panels are removable for easy servicing and maintenance.