The Universal B-Series
The Legend Continues
Universal adds the M-40B to its B-Series. Smaller and lighter than its predecessor, the M-40B is 10% more powerful.
The B-Series is powered by the latest advancements in diesel engine design. Some of the benefits from these advancements include cleaner emissions, reduced noise levels, and increased horsepower at lower RPMs. All B-Series engines are naturally aspirated and deliver high low-end torque. This produces some of the most quiet and durable marine engines currently available.
If you’re looking to replace that aging Atomic-4, the Universal B-Series is still the boaters choice for Atomic-4 replacements**. The M-40B, M-25XPB, M3-20B, and M-35B offer many similar dimensional characteristics to the Atomic-4, making for a much easier installation.
Universal holds a large inventory of spare parts for your engine including easy-to-buy spare parts kits and gasket sets tailored to your particular engine. It’s easy to see why Universal is as popular today as it was 100 years ago. Stop by your local Universal Distributor or Dealer today to learn more about the latest in Universal Marine Power.
**Universal Atomic-4 replacements are not direct drop-ins in all cases. Standard Equipment
Some engine compartment reconfiguration may be required.
- Fresh water cooling
- Gear-driven sea water pump
- Engine prewired to plug-in connector
- E-Z bleed fuel system
- 12 volt, 51 ampere alternator
- Domestic hot water connection
- Coolant recovery tank
- Throttle and shift control brackets
- Low oil pressure and high water temperature alarms
- Short profile marine gear with 1.88:1 reduction
- Glow plug cold starting aid
- Engine matched four point adjustable mounts
- fail safe neoprene
- Mounting centers - 11.5", 16.0"
- Lube oil drain hose
- Air intake silencer with air filter
- Oil fill - Top
- Circuit breaker protected electrical system
- Operator’s Manual and Parts List
- Captain panel with alarm (tachometer with lights)
- Admiral panel with alarms (tachometer with gauges)
- Dual station senders
- Other gear ratios - Consult local Distributor
- Hydraulic transmissions - Consult local Distributor
- Remote expansion tank
- Muffler and fittings
- "A" and "B" on board spare parts kits
- Alternator, 72 amp single output
- Anti-siphon valve for overboard cooling discharge water
- Technical Manual
- Exhaust connection (45 deg., 90 deg., elbows, risers)
- Propeller shaft couplings