The truly "quiet breed" of reliable power....
Quiet and Compact
Designed by Westerbeke, the Company that pioneered the truly "quiet breed" of generators, the 4-cylinder 15.0 BTDC is a smooth, quiet and compact diesel generator. The 15.0 BTDC also provides one of the best power to weight ratios of any generator in its class.
Powerful, Lightweight and Reliable
The 15 BTDC is engineered to operate in a hostile marine environment. It is designed and built using experience gained in supplying generators to the United States Navy and Coast Guard. Powerful but lightweight, it is economical to operate and designed to run at a slow 1800 RPM for longer life.
Easy Operation and Maintenance
To minimize engine maintenance, the 15 BTDC is fresh water cooled and equipped with a simple control system rather than complex, troublesome, electronic components. Easy access to all servicing points and individually removable top and side panels of the optional sound enclosure allow easy installation and maintenance.
Full Torque, Power Take-Off Interface
A customer sourced, electric clutch and hydraulic pump can be mounted to the full torque, power take-off interface for use with such items as bow thrusters, compressors, winches and "take-home" systems.
Five Year Limited Warranty
The 15 BTDC is backed by Westerbeke's 5-year limited warranty. The presence of Westerbeke in over 65 countries around the world provides customers with easy access to parts, service and technical support worldwide. Established in 1937, Westerbeke is committed to providing its customers with quality products and unequaled after sales support.
- Instrument panel and safety stop switch
- Remote start-stop plug-in connection
- Extra oil pressure switch for remote signal or control functions
- Safety shut-downs – high coolant temperature, low oil pressure, high exhaust temperature.
- A.C. Circuit Breaker installed (single phase)
- 50 amp alternator
- Power take-off interface
- Self-bleeding fuel system
- Fresh water cooling and coolant recovery tank
- 45° water injected exhaust elbow
- Gear-driven raw water pump
- Tuned air intake silencer
- Vibration mounts – fail safe rubber type
- Lube oil drain hose and drip tray
- Oil fill – top and side
- Belt guard
- Operator’s manual and parts list
- EPA, CARB & CE compliant
- Remote start-stop panel
- 15' & 30 connectable panel ext. harness (up to 60'/18.3m)
- Dual station engine instrument panel with senders
- Ship shore switch
- Power takeoff adapter
- Fuel filter/water separator
- Hydro hush muffler and fittings
- "A" on-board spare parts kit,
- "B" extended cruising spare parts kit
- Anti-siphon valve for overboard cooling discharge water
- Technical Manual
- Sound Guard sound enclosure
Optional 15 BTDC Sound Guard SST
The optional Sound Guard SST enclosure provides optimum silencing for the generator. Ruggedly constructed with stainless steel frame and powder coated aluminim panels; the Sound Guard SST also provides optimum corrosion resistance. All 5 panels removable for easy servicing and maintenance.