IMPORTANT NOTE: This engine is for export only and cannot be shipped within the United States
Four cylinder, four cycle smoothness....
Lightweight and Compact
Designed by Westerbeke, pioneers in lightweight marine diesel engines, the 44C Four is a compact four-cylinder engine perfect for difficult installations. The 44C Four provides a power to weight ratio to be envied while requiring modest engine room.
Powerful, reliable and Quiet
The 44C Four is specially engineered to operate in a hostile marine environment. It is designed and built using experience gained in supplying over 1,100 whaleboat engines to the United States Navy. The 107 cubic inch displacement of the 44C Four delivers reliable power without sacrificing smooth and quiet operation. To reduce intake noise, this engine also has a tuned air intake silencer.
Full Engine Instrumentation Option
Westerbeke offers an optional admiral panel. The admiral panel includes tachometer, hour meter, voltmeter, water temperature and oil pressure gauge. Westerbeke also offers an optional captain panel with tachometer, hour meter and warning lights.
Easy Operation and Maintenance
To minimize engine maintenance, the 44C Four is fresh water cooled and equipped with a simple control system. Easy access to all servicing points and a self-bleeding fuel system allow easy installation and routine maintenance.
The Name you can Trust
The presence of Westerbeke in over 65 countries around the world provides customers with easy access to parts, service and technical support worldwide. Established in 1937, Westerbeke is committed to providing its customers with quality products and unequaled after sales support.
- Fresh water cooling
- Engine prewired to plug-in connector
- Self-bleeding fuel system
- 12 volt 50 ampere alternator
- Domestic hot water connections
- Coolant recovery tank
- Throttle, stop, and shift control brackets
- Low oil pressure and high water temperature alarms
- Gear-driven sea water pump
- Short profile marine gear with 2:1 reduction
- Glow plug cold starting aid
- Four point adjustable flex mounts
- Lube oil drain hose
- Tuned air intake silencer
- Operator’s Manual and Parts List
- Captain panel with alarm (tachometer with lights)
- Admiral panel with alarms (tachometer with gauges)
- Dual station senders
- Other gear ratios - Consult local distributor
- 72 or 100 amp alternator in place of standard
- Remote expansion tank
- Fuel filter/water separator
- Muffler and fittings
- "A" on board spare parts kit
- "B" extended cruising spare parts kit
- Anti-siphon valve for overboard cooling discharge water
- Technical Manual
- Exhaust connection (water injected 90°, 45° elbow)
- Propeller shaft couplings (rigid/flexible)