The 5.7kW is Back!
A Quiet, Compact "Mini 6"
A favorite among OEMs and boat owners where there is limited space for a full 6kW, the 5.7kW is a popular low speed, "quiet" alternative. The 3–cylinder, 5.7 EGTD incorporates a tuned air intake silencer and four point vibration mounts for smooth, quiet operation. A unique AC generator with short, "pancake" design and an engine with smartly fit components result in a highly compact generator set for the most demanding installations. The 5.7 EGTD is only 20.5 inches high, 28.4 inches long and features one-side serviceability, making it a perfect solution for tight quarters.
Lightweight and Reliable
Powered by a lightweight, rugged "industrial" engine, the 5.7 EGTD continues to support the strong record of reliability Westerbeke has built supplying product to the United States Navy and Coast Guard as well as commercial vessels and pleasure craft world–wide.
Longer Life and Easier Maintenance
The engine operates at a low 1500–rpm and is fresh water cooled, via heat exchanger, for longevity. The generator windings are NEMA class "H" insulated and double vacuum epoxy impregnated to increase protection against the harsh marine environment. Easy access to most servicing points and individually removable top and side panels of the optional sound enclosure contribute to easier maintenance.
Full Torque, Power Take–Off Interface
A customer sourced, electric clutch and hydraulic pump can be mounted to the full torque, power take–off interface for use with such items as bow or stern thrusters, compressors, winches and emergency "get home" systems.
Five Year Limited Warranty
This generator set is backed by Westerbeke's 5–year limited warranty. The presence of Westerbeke in over 65 countries around the world provides customers with easy access to parts, service and technical support word–wide. Established in 1937, Westerbeke is committed to providing its customers with quality products and unequaled after sales support.
- Remote instrument panel with 15' extension
- Unit mounted start–stop
- Electronic governing
- Safety shut–downs: overspeed, underspeed, low battery voltage and low oil pressure, high exhaust and high coolant temperature
- A.C. circuit breaker
- 50 amp battery charging alternator
- Power take–off interface
- Self–bleeding fuel system
- One–side serviceability
- Fresh water cooling and coolant recovery tank
- 45 degree water injected exhaust elbow
- Gear driven raw water pump
- Tuned air intake silencer
- Anti–vibration mounts – fail safe rubber type
- Lube oil drain hose and drip tray
- Oil fill – top and side
- Belt guard
- Operator’s manual and parts list
- Complies with U.S. EPA regulations
- 5 year limited warranty
- Dual station instrument panel with senders
- Remote start/stop panel
- Remote lube oil filter kit
- Sound Guard SST
- Hydro–hush muffler and fittings
- Fuel/water separator
- Anti–siphon valve with 1 inch stainless steel loop
- Ship–to–shore switch
- Power take–off adapter
- "A" on board spare parts kit; "B" extended cruising spare parts kit
- Hose Kit
- Generator set available painted white upon request (standard red)
Optional 5.7 EGTD - 50 Hz Sound Guard SST
The optional Sound Guard SST enclosure provides optimum silencing for the generator. Ruggedly constructed with stainless steel base, frame and powder coated aluminum panels; the Sound Guard SST also provides optimum corrosion resistance. All 5 panels are removable for easy servicing and maintenance.